10 ways to remove Conficker virus from your computer
What is Conficker?
Conficker is supposed to be the biggest worm attack of this time,which hits around 350 million PCs and is one of the hottest topic.Confick is also known as Conficker, Downup, Downadup and Kido.The main target of this virus is again Microsoft Windows operating system (If you are an linux user then you need not to worry).It is noticed around October 2008 and targets the exploits in previously patched vulnerability in the Windows Server service of Microsoft.
Targeted Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP,Windows Server 2003,Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 Beta, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta.
Here are the 10 methods to remove the Confiker / Conflicker virus:
- Department of Homeland Security –DHS Releases Conficker/Downadup Computer Worm Detection Tool
- Bitdefender – Win32.Worm.Downadup.Gen
- Enigma Software – Information about Conficker Removal Tool
- ESET Securities – “Eset – Win32/Conficker.AA”
- F-Secure – “Worm:W32/Downadup.AL”
- Symantec – “W32.Downadup Removal – Removing Help”.
- Sophos – “Conficker Clean-up Tool – Free Conficker detection and removal”
- Kaspersky Lab – “How to fight network worm Net-Worm.Win32.Kido”
- McAfee can remove this when you click on an on-demand scan.
- AVG can remove this when you click on an on-demand scan.You have to download the latest version as older one will not work anymore on the victim computer.