How to use multi tabbed menu in wordpress
Today i implement dynamic tabbed interface for my wordpress blog and after sparing few minutes i also fix it for some wordpress plugins like similar post and simple twitter and some others.I liked this feature and was thinking of its patch on wordpress.Multi tabbed menu often used in professional blogs and high profile blogs but their isn’t any documentation specially for wordpress.
Help: I get the tabber menu from barelyfitz designs and i implement it as per my requirement and modifications for wordpress.
A CSS patch for the menu to display correctly example.css
- Open the stylesheet of your current theme used in the blog (e.g style.css ) in a notepad, dreamweaver or in any text editor.
- Now copy the example.css into your wordpress theme style sheet.
- Now open your header.php file (header files control all the styling of the wordpress ).
Now you are almost 50% done you just have to know the usage of tabbed menu.
Carefully watch the wp_menu code http://www.honeytechblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/wp_menu.txt
Example of the above code will look like this
What I’m Doing
we are learning “to use multi tabbed menu in wordpress”
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License
Some Interesting Posts
Their are many just go to www.honeytechblog.com
Another beautiful example of making tabbed menu that i have read recently and is similar to the above one is here
Note: feel free to comment here if you want to know more about wordpress implementation or have any problem in fixing this menus.
Thank you for this fantastic information because finding relevant sites on this topic is sometimes hard to find. You did an excellent job covering the subject and I look forward to more posts from your site. Do you offer RSS Feeds or feedburner to get more content for our blogs? I will be sure to include links from my other blogs to yours.
i've installed it on my localhost, but its not work ?
Where actually you stuck?
Few pointer for you:
1. Scattered files indicates the issues in css. Please cross check the url in the header. (hot link the css file if possible)
2. Look of menu are file but jquery switching not working -->issues in js file, so cross check the file in header and try to hotlink in header.
Note: Hotlink or upload the file on the server and call the direct url in header of your theme.
Great explanation. I got it installed on my localhost, and got the same text you did, but all the text was not in any tabs, like yours. Can you help and advise me as to why we have no tabs?