OpenOffice 3.0 with a new zeal
OpenOffice.org proved to the best alternative for the MS Office.Its an open-source product and a project.Open Office is a multiplatform office productivity suite having desktop applications such as a spreadsheet program , a word processor, a presentation manager, and a drawing program, with a good GUI (user interface ).OpenOffice also works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office. . OpenOffice runs on Solaris, Linux (including PPC Linux), and Windows.
Here are the following best thing about OpenOffice.org 3.0 :
- OpenOffice is so easy to install, with a whole new look and feel.
- Localizations of OpenOffice are available in 27 languages, with more being constantly added by the community
- The first office suite to use the new OASIS OpenDocument format, the future-proof international standard for office software
- Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL and SISSL open-source protocols,
- More intuitive, more easy to use than ever, with a host of new usability features
- Complete with Base: an easy-to-use database manager with a fully integrated database
- OpenOffice allows any knowledgeable developer to benefit from the source
- Compatible with other software packages – now understands even obscure and rarely used features in major competitors.
(Download for Windows ,Linux RPM ,Linux DEB ,Solaris x86 ,Solaris SPARC ,Mac OSX Intel ,Mac OSX PPC)