Set Your Own Ringtone On Android With Ringdroid
Having a mobile phone is great, particularly when it is customized with your own choices and preferences. Thanks, to the technology today that a mobile can be easily customized to great extends, right from exterior part of the phone to the ringtone. Well, although there are several way to change a ringtone, there is nothing as handy as one can set their own ringtone by editing and creating a new one.
If you own an Android phone, then here is a savior called Ringdroid. It is an free Android application for editing and creating your own ringtones, alarms, and notification sounds. This cool web apps allow you to load any kind of audio file and edit them the way you like. You can also record something in your own voice and set it as your ringtone.
Interesting Features of Ringdroid
- Open an existing audio file
- View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
- Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
- Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and autoscrolling of the waveform
- Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
- Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
- Record a new audio clip to edit
- Delete audio (with confirmation alert)
- Launches automatically in response to the GET_CONTENT intent with a mime type of audio/ if any other application wants to pick an audio file – for example the “Rings Extended” application.
- Assign a ringtone directly to a contact.
Supported File Formats
- AAC/MP4 (including unprotected iTunes music)
- 3GPP/AMR (this is the format used when you record sounds directly on the handset).
There are many such softwares to edit ringtones but Ringdroid is very user-friendly and thus is easy to use for Android phones. The features are really amazing and thus it is one of the best mobile ringtone edit Android applications. So now you don’t need a computer to edit a song or any audio clip. This is because editing ringtones or any audio clip is now become mobile, you can edit the ringtone the way you like anywhere on your mobile phone and that too without making much effort. Thanks to Ringdroid, making ringtones is so easy.
i love ringtones. thank you for the information i love to set my favorite song as ringtone on my mobile.
Do i need to set up my own ringtone for my iPhone on Android With Ringdroid? Would you able to give me some hints guys, what would be my benefits to have it on my iPhone.