Summary of Xiaomi’s Action Plans in India
To cut the things short, below are few actions plans of Xiaomi as mentioned by Hugo & Manu at the launch of Redmi Note in Gurgaon today.
- 3G version launched at 8999
- 4G version launched at 9999 (become first 4G phone in india below 10k range)
Retail Tie up with Airtel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G will be available on 100 exclusive brand stores in india (by Dec 3week) http://www.airtel.in/
Recorded sale of 1.16m phones in single day sale on Tmall (biggest e-com of china)
Achieved a rank of 35 in global innovative companies
Started in 2010 & Xiaomi become world 3rd largest smartphone company(check attachment for details).
Xiaomi Employees in India
- 11 Fulltime
- 36 Call center guys in indore
- 6 interns
Recent Big Global Hires
- Jai Mani as Product manager
Ex-Google (Google Play Strategy and Analytics Associate)
- Donovan Sung as Director Product Management
Ex- Spotify Ex-Youtuber Ex- Google, Ex-Microsoft, Ex-IBM
- 100 beta product testers across india test all the devices of Xiaomi months before the launch & report bugs better than full-time testers. – Manu
- 5 as of now, 15 by Dec14
- 100 by next year
- 65k units/week
- Booking private charter plane to import units in less amount of time.
Xiaomi’ss Recent Investments
QIY & YouKU.com are two recent investments of Xiaomi focused over curating content.
Fan/Bloggers Meet UP
- First Initiated by Xiaomi india team & now has self-initiated meetups.
- In Delhi fan meet, Hugo received 35 new ideas from fans so its very important for them & will be focused over it.
Mi Community is growing very fast. The global page has more than 100K members & Indian forum have more than 15k members.
Made for India
- Exclusive indian themes based on sachin (cricket), diwali (festival), bollywood
- Redmi note 4G supports FDD-LTE & TDD-LTE
Orders from Rural Areas
- Receiving orders from 1000+ cities of india & fans are switching to nearby cities just to get the phones.
Global Innovation Center
- Planning to set up global innovation center in india – Hugo
- Xiaomi also received a position of 35 in most innovative global companies
- Partnership & investment in app ecosystems.
- Some of Mi products will be launched exclusively in india. Example Redmi Note4G is launched first in india with specific hardware.
- Kernel files will be available soon for all the developers to build their custom roms. Date confirmed as Q1 2015.
More about Product
- Redmi Note is performing well in his range with respect to benchmarking & performance. The same MTK chipset is optimized to perform 70% more efficiently in Redmi note. Check the AnTuTU Scores.
- New Smart home systems & future products are announced.
- New Accessories like 16000mah power bank announced, will be launching soon in india