Gone are those days when we use to see mobile phones as a single utility device. Today it is much more than picking up calls and sending SMS. You can play music, record videos, watch clips, pay bills, store data, browse internet, get interesting apps on it, take pictures, share it on Facebook, flickr, and much more. Most of the people find taking pictures as the best utility of all, as capturing beautiful moments in life is just unbeatable. While you are on a college trip, or on a family vacation – good quality camera mobile phones can replace professional cameras in taking snap. But then landing up buying a camera cell which is not-so-good can certainly spoil your good moments when you take a hard copy of it. There are certain things you should remember before buying any mobile phone.
In case of camera phones, most of the people make a mistake of thinking that the higher the megapixels, the higher the quality of the phone. But no, megapixels play only 50% of the role and other features you must look at are, autofocus, sensor, flash, optical zoom, speed, interface, panorama options etc. Phones without camera are of rare “phenomenon” today, but not every handset can offer you the best quality. We have already reviewed Top 10 Music Phones of the year and this article on honeytechblog intends to provide information of Top 10 Camera Mobile Phones Of 2009, so that you pick up the best.
This definitely one of the best the camera phone of the year. This 12.1-megapixel camera with Xenon flash and intuitive touch focus gives you stunning, high-resolution shots you’ll want to blow up big and keep. With the Sony Ericsson Satio camera phone, all your favorite stuff is just a touch away. Tap directly into TV series, mobile videos, podcasts and music via the ingenious full-touch media menu on this amazing entertainment phone.
Interesting Features of Sony Ericsson Satio
- Camera Options – 12.1-megapixel with Xenon flash, auto-focus, Geo-targetting, Image stabilizer, red-eye reduction, video recording, 12x digital zoom and much more.
- Screen – 360×640 pixel – 16,777,216 color TFT touchscreen
- Display – 3.5? touschreen, 16:9 widescreen display with 16 million colors
- Memory – SanDisk microSD™ support
- Networks- GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA
- Colors – Black – Silver – Bordeaux
- Connectivity – Wisepilot™ turn-by-turn navigation, Bluetooth, Google Map, WiFi and more.
- Sizes – 112.0 x 55.0 x 13.0 mm – 4.4 x 2.2 x 0.5 inches
- Weight – 126.0 gram
2. iPhone 3G S
With a 3-megapixel autofocus camera and a photo application that makes it easy to share, iPhone 3GS is the most photo-friendly phone ever. The new 3-megapixel camera takes great still photos, too, thanks to built-in autofocus and a handy new feature that lets you tap the display to focus on anything (or anyone) you want. You can now also shoot video, edit it, and share it — all on your iPhone 3GS. Shoot high-quality VGA video in portrait or landscape. Trim your footage by adjusting start and end points. Then share your video in an email, post it to your MobileMe gallery, publish it on YouTube, or sync it back to your Mac or PC using iTunes.
Interesting features of iPhone 3G S
- Camera options: 3-Megapixle with AutoFocus, Crop, Rotate, Geotagging and video recording
- Display –Touchscreen 480 x 320 pixels (3.5 inch)
- Size – 115.5 mm (4.55 in) (h), 62.1 mm (2.44 in) (w), 12.3 mm (0.48 in) (d)
- Connectivity and Network – Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), Bluetooth, USB 2.0/Dock connector, Quad band GSM 850 900 1800 1900 MHz GPRS/EDGE including, A-GPS; Tri band UMTS/HSDPA 850, 1900, 2100 MHz. 3GS also supports: 7.2 Mbps HSDPA
- Special features – Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating, Cut, Copy, Paste, Voice Memos, Voice Control and much more.
- Memory – 32 Gigabytes
- Weight – 4.8 Onces
Nokia’s best camera phone till date with 8MP resolution sensor and this phone and 28mm wide angle lens. Take ultra high-quality pics with the 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, flash and Carl Zeiss optics. You can also capture clear images in bright and dark conditions with a wide exposure range, variable aperture and high speed shutter. And then share photos through Ovi*, email and MMS, or print them with a compatible printer. Capture DVD-like quality video day or night with a wide exposure range, stabiliser, and integrated video light.
Interesting Features of Nokia N86 8MP
- Camera Options – 8 Megapixels with AutoFocus, Dual LED Flash, Video recording.
- Display – OLED Display screen, 16M Colors
- Size : 240 X 320 pixels, 2.6 inches
- Memory : 8GB
- Connectivity – 3G, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, Radio
- Weight – 5.36 oz
Samsung Memoir is widely known as a camera with the mobile phone. With 8.0 megapixels, a Xenon flash and a host of dedicated camera functions, the Memoir sets a new standard. But the Memoir™ doesn’t stop there. It’s also a music player, a full Web browser, a GPS navigation system and one of the most advanced touch screen phones in the world. The photo quality is superior, and the overall feature set is very striking. It does carry great performance.
Interesting Feature of Samsung Memoir
- Camera Options – 8 Megapixels with Xenon flash, auto focus, multiple shooting modes, Smile Shot smile and video recording with camcorder.
- Display- 240 x 400 pixels, 262 144 colors, TFT
- Network – GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA 1.8 Mbit/s/HSDPA 3.6 Mbit/s
- Special Features – Caller groups supported, 1000 -names capacity, Multiple Numbers Per Contact, Picture ID, Ring ID
- Multimedia and Music Player – MPEG4, 3GPP, H.263, H.264 – MP3 ringtones, AAC, AAC+, WAV, MIDI
- Size – 4.17 x 2.11 x 0.55 inches
- Memory – microSD/microSDHC
- Connectivity – USB, Stereo Bluetooth
- Weight – 4.40 oz
5. LG KC910 Renoir
Renoir takes super-sharp 8 megapixel pictures that can be edited in camera and are instantly ready for sharing online or printing. The phone’s list of features includes some that are usually only found on extremely high-end standalone cameras, such as Schneider-Kreuznach certified optics, a Xenon flash, auto and manual focus, sensitivity up to ISO 1600 and geo-tagging.
- Camera Options – 8 megapixel camera with autofocus, manual focus and xenon flash
- Video recording (MPEG4, 320 x 240 pixels, 120 frames/second)
- Display: Touch screen, TFT LCD, 262k colors, 240 x 400 pixels (3 inches)
- Audio – MP3/AAC/AAC+/AAC++/WMA formats
- Messaging: SMS, EMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
- Memory: MicroSD Card Upto 16GB
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, Radio.
- Size: 108 x 55 x 14.5 mm
- Weight: 110g
The 8.1-megapixel C905 Cyber-shot™ phone is equipped with Xenon flash and is always ready to capture the best moments of your life. C905 has all the functions you need for perfect pictures, smart Contrast balances light and color, face detection helps you focus on people and many more.
Interesting Features of Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot C905
- Camera Options – 8 MP pixels with autofocus, xenon flash Geo-tagging, face and smile detection, smart contrast, image stabilization, smile detection and videocalling
- Video recording – QVGA@30fps
- Display – TFT, 256K colors
- Size – 104 x 49 x 18-19.5 mm
- Memory – Memory Stick Micro (M2), up to 8GB, 2GB or 8GB card included
- Network – GPRS/EDGE/WLAN/
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, USB
- Weight – 136 gram
Samsung M8910 Pixon12 is the world’s first 12-megapixel camera phone for instant photo shoot. The Samsung Pixon12 enables users to take perfect pictures quickly and easily, thanks to a Dedicated Camera Power Key which gives users fast one-touch access to the camera function. Once the camera is turned on, users can point and shoot, capturing images as fast as today’s advanced digital cameras. The Samsung Pixon12 also features fast image saving, so users can move to their next shot within around 2 seconds.
Interesting Features of Samsung M8910 Pixon12
- Camera Options – 12 MP with Tracking Touch Auto-Focus, Image Stabilization, Beauty Shot.
- Video Recording – D1(720×480)@30fps, QVGA@120fps
- Display – AMOLED Resistive touchscreen, 16M Colors
- Size – 480 X 800 pixels, 3.1 inches
- Memory – microSD, up to 16GB,
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, USB
- Network – GPRS/EDGE/WLAN/ HSDPA,7.2 Mbps, HSUPA
- Weight – 120 g
Capture and share print quality images with this 5 megapixel camera. The comfortable and straight forward design makes clicking photos quick and easy. This is actually the lowest priced 5MP you will locate on the market with excellent web browsing and call quality features. The most interesting part apart from camera options, you will find is the battery life. It comes with solid 12 hours battery life with music player on.
Interesting Features of Nokia 6700 classic
- Camera Options – 5 Megapixel with Autofocus, LED flash, Active toolbar, Photo editor on device, Color tone modes: normal, greyscale, sepia, negative and Direct printing to compatible picture printers.
- Video Recording – 640 x 480 @ 15fps or 352 x 288 @ 30fps
- Display – TFT screen, 16M Colors
- Size – 240 X 320 pixels, 2.2 inches
- Memory – MicroSD Card Upto 8GB
- Connectivity – 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, Radio.
- Network – GPRS/EDGE/WLAN/ HSDPA,TCP/IP support
- Weight – 113 grams
The Behold® II is the latest Android phone with corporate email synchronization, WiFi, and visual voicemail. And its Webkit-based browser is fully integrated with Google applications so you can check Gmail, automatically add an event to your calendar, and find directions with Google Maps. The Behold® II also features a 3.2” AMOLED screen so you can view your graphics, photos and YouTube videos in clarity. And it is everything you need for multimedia, offering 16GB of expandable memory, Bluetooth 2.1, MP3 music player and a 5MP camera/camcorder with auto-focus, flash and 8x zoom. It’s truly something to behold.
Interesting Features of Samsung T939 Behold 2
- Camera Options – 5 MP, 2592?1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging and video recording.
- Display – AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size – 320 x 480 pixels, 3.2 inches
- Memory – microSD, up to 16 GB,
- Network – GPRS/EDGE/WLAN/HSDPA
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, USB
- Weight – 4.2 oz
10. Nokia N97 mini
The sleek Nokia N97 mini integrates the web into your life and seamlessly connects you to your friends and favorite online services. It is younger than Nokia N97 and also comes with different design, slid opening, and better features. With this you can capture high resolution pictures and record video in DVD quality. Further impressive part is that you can save up to 10 hours of quality video on 8GB internal memory, or store up to 30 hours with a microSD external memory card.
Interesting Features of Nokia N97 mini
- Camera Options – 5 MP, 2592×1944 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, Dual LED flash, video light and Geo-tagging
- Video Recording – VGA@30fps and VGA@15fps
- Display – TFT resistive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size – 360 x 640 pixels, 3.2 inches
- Memory – microSD, up to 16GB
- Network – GPRS/EDGE/WLAN/HSDPA
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, v2.0 microUSB
- Weight – 138 g
You can no doubt drop the option of buying a camera for yourself, if you pick any phone from the above list. These phones are best of the year and hey it is Christmas time. So probably you could get one for your loved one as a beautiful surprise gift. Happy Clicking!