Top 20 wordpress plugins that you can’t miss
Plugins are the main advantage of wordpress and the only reason on which wordpress is growing up.It have vast space for developers and designers.Today i want to disclosed the following top wordpress plugins that i used for my blog
- Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. You need a WordPress.com API key to use it. You can review the spam it catches under “Comments.” To show off your Akismet stats just put
<?php akismet_counter(); ?>
- All in One SEO Pack Out-of-the-box SEO for your WordPress blog. By Michael Torbert.
- Category Cloud Widget Adds a sidebar widget to display the categories as a tag cloud. By Lee Kelleher.
- cformsII – contact form cformsII offers unparalleled flexibility in deploying contact forms across your blog. Features include: comprehensive SPAM protection, Ajax support, Backup & Restore, Multi-Recipients, Role Manager support, Database tracking and many more. Please see the VERSION HISTORY for what’s new and current bugfixes. By Oliver Seidel.
- FeedBurner FeedSmith Originally authored by Steve Smith, this plugin detects all ways to access your original WordPress feeds and redirects them to your FeedBurner feed so you can track every possible subscriber. By FeedBurner.
- FireStats Statistics plugin for WordPress. By Omry Yadan.
- Google XML Sitemaps This plugin will generate a sitemaps.org compatible sitemap of your WordPress blog which is supported by Ask.com, Google, MSN Search and YAHOO. Configuration Page By Arne Brachhold
- One Click Plugin Updater Upgrade plugins with a single click, install new plugins or themes from an URL or by uploading a file, see which plugins have update notifications enabled, control how often WordPress checks for updates, and more. By Janis Elsts.
- Random Featured Post Displays featured posts by randomly selecting a post from a designated category. By Scott @ MyDollarPlan.com.
- Get Recent Comments Display the most recent comments or trackbacks with your own formatting in the sidebar.
- Similar Posts Displays a highly configurable list of related posts. Similarity can be based on any combination of word usage in the content, title, or tags. Don’t be disturbed if it takes a few moments to complete the installation — the plugin is indexing your posts. Instructions and help online. Requires the latest version of the Post-Plugin Library to be installed. By Rob Marsh, SJ.
- Subscribe To Comments Allows readers to receive notifications of new comments that are posted to an entry. Based on version 1 from Scriptygoddess By Mark Jaquith.
- Twitpress Announces new posts on twitter By Tom Purnell.
- Wordbook Cross-post your blog updates to your Facebook account. Navigate to Options ? Wordbook for configuration. By Robert Tsai.
- WordPress Automatic Upgrade WordPress Automatic Upgrade allows a user to automatically upgrade the wordpress installation to the latest one provided by wordpress.org using the 5 steps provided in the wordpress upgrade instructions. Go to WordPress Automatic Upgrade to upgrade your installation Thanks to Ronald Huereca for making the plugin run in automatic mode. By Keith Dsouza.
- WordPress Mobile A plugin to let you post and upload files to your WordPress blog from your mobile phone. It also enables mobile phone users to view your WordPress posts, archives, comments and pages in a mobile friendly environment. Users can even reply via comments. This plugin supports MTLD and W3 best practices plus optional mobile revenue from admob.com. It’s a quick and easy way to make your WordPress posts mobile ready By Andy Moore.
- WordPress.com Stats You can have simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server by plugging into WordPress.com’s stat system.
- WordPress Gravatars Makes use of Gravatars and MyBlogLog Avatars, places Gravatars, OpenAvatar, Wavatar, Identicon, monsterID or MyBlogLog Avatars in the comments section. Uses the comment authors email to display their Gravatar. It also gives the user an Author Profile picture, based on his or hers Gravatar. Developer blog at this site. By Rune Gulbrandsøy.
- WP Super Cache Very fast caching module for WordPress. Once enabled, you must enable the cache. Based on WP-Cache by Ricardo Galli Granada. By Donncha O Caoimh.
- Youtube Brackets Insert YouTube videos in post using [brackets] method. Enables YouTube blogging to standalone wordpress setups. By Robert Buzink + Mike Thompson.
Note: Besides these plugins their are lots and lots of other plugins in the ocean of wordpress plugins and if you likes any special one then please feel free to post that plugin name in the comments, moreover if you want to know more or have any query regarding doing any specific work though wordpress with the help of plugins then feel free to ask here.
RT @djbhai Top 20 wordpress plugins that you can’t miss #wordpress http://bit.ly/4oibwj
Top 20 wordpress plugins that you can’t miss #wordpress http://bit.ly/4oibwj
I'd like to add my new plugin to this list - it's the Wapple Architect Mobile Plugin for Wordpress and allows you to mobilize your blog like you've never been able to before!
There's features and functionality galore, it retains the look and feel of your web theme, preserves SEO and URLs allowing you to promote one single domain to all your readers!
Even better though is that it works on every single device in the world!
If you fancy having a look at it, the home page can be found here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wapple-architect/ - it'd be great to hear your feedback on it!
Just a quick line to say that you can also get a Mippin Wordpress Mobile plug in for your site, which not only mobilizes your blog but will also launch it in to a community of mobile users who are already checking out other blogs on mobile.
Mippin has created a wide community of content, people, news, blogs, video, images, listings etc, all of which is connected around similar interests between readers. And there's a lot of them too.
So give it a go if the sound of new traffic to your blog sounds exciting too!
For more info on mippin check out www.mippin.com
Yeah most the plugin collection works good on one of my blog.Actually it uses less system load to work with the above plugins.
wp-supercahe rocks for me.
Honey, just nitpicking.. Change the "don't miss" to "can't miss", otherwise the meaning changes completely ;-)