WordPress 2.6.2 Released, How and Why to Upgrade it now?
WordPress.org released its new version just few hours back and HoneytechBlog is now powered with new WordPress 2.6.2 released.It hardly takes 10 minutes to upgrade the version of wordpress and i recommend WordPress Automatic upgrade for newbies to upgrade in just few clicks.WordPress Automatic upgrade is can upgrade your wordpress in following steps
- Easily Backs up all your files and makes available a link to download it.
- Easily one click backs up of the database and makes available a link to download it.
- One click Downloads the latest files from http://wordpress.org/latest.zip and unzips it.
- One click site under maintenance mode.
- De-activates all active plugins and remembers it.
- Automatically Upgrades wordpress files.
- Easily gives you a link that will open in a new window to upgrade installation.
- Automatically re-activates the plugins.
- More Secure than last version (wp 2.6.1)
- SQL Column Truncation patch (for those like me who allow open user registration)