Common Mistakes : Which hosting to go for?
Most of the confused souls on choosing efficient webhosting company are the new guys who desired to shift their blogs from wordpress.com or blogspot.com. These guys don’t have enough knowledge and often seeks for the consultations of the experts. Few fortunate enough gets the consultations from friends and social networks like twitter. From the last 3 years I deals with more than 10-20 hosting companies and also help few to established their sub hosting unit as a reseller accounts.
Mistakes : If you consider that Space and Bandwidth is the main feature for choosing a webhosting company then you are running under blunder. Space and Bandwidth plays 20% part in choosing the right webhosting. There are many other factors which predict the performance of the hosting. These factors are described as follows:
- Up Time: Server uptime is most important factors. Unlike local hosting providers, hosting should have 100% up-time. Most of the best data centers like planet claims to provide 99 % up time warranty.
- CPU Limits: CPU limit is the most crucial factors for high traffic websites. If you plans to shift your host just because of high traffic then you must keep in mind to check for their maximum allowed process limits. Normally due to lack of this you often face the “Interner Server Errors” – 400 pages. I personally faced this issue so telling you on the basis of personal experience.
- cPanel : Control Panel is the most common feature of the hosting. In case you are on the windows hosting having Plesk Panel then you must checkup for automated applications, traffic manager, database management applications and other basic things. Personally i liked the cpanel.
- Support: This is the most confident feature of the webhosting providers. Some time you messed up with the dedicated sites then support should quickly respond to your queries. Support should be quick chat support or mail/ticketing system.
- Money matter the most: Yeah, money matter but set up your few above described bench mark and then decide the hosting providers offering all the things under minimum budgets.
- Established data center: I consider that you all known with the term data center. Data center are the place where your the web server is located actually. You should clear on the fact that data center is safe and secure with all types of dangers like flood, fire and accidents. Of course it is not supposed to be first floor of your building or in your bed room.
- Accepted user policy (AUP) and the Terms of service (TOS): About 90% of the internet users don’t give a dam about the certificates , TOS or any policies. Webhosting TOS is unlike the software you are supposed to install in next – next clicks. You should aware of the things like hosting company is responsible of any data loss / data theft . It is recommended that you should read the Accepted user policy(AUP) before buying hosting.
Now you are confused that some friend suggest the DreamHost and some suggest any other. I would recommend that you should consider the above described points before going for any hosting provides.
Shared hosting have their own limits in case you are earning more than $1000 from your blog and have more than 5millions of monthly page views then i will recommend for the dedicated servers or Virtual private servers (VPS).
Hey quite informative.I will definitely consider these points when i'm going to choose hosting after my 12th exam.
I recommend Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting. Management of one's web site at Yahoo! is really a breeze due to their internet hosting manage panel. Everything from setting up email accounts, acquiring monthly internet website statistics, to web website improvement and maintenance could be easily controlled utilizing one standardized interface.
Most webhosts claim to have 99% uptime, but they don’t. Plus, unlimited storage is not unlimited. My tip is to stick with the known web hosts of the internet.
I think one should do a proper research and plan your website..
I have a personal terrible experience though the hosting company was fine...
But i purchased a domain with one account and hosting with another, because of this i had few problem DNS etc..
Also you should choose a plan according to your site requirements....
Always ask some of your friends before going for any plan..
RT @djbhai: Common Mistakes : Which hosting to go for? http://bit.ly/7C3rH1
Common Mistakes : Which hosting to go for? http://bit.ly/7C3rH1
Common Mistakes while choosing WebHosting http://bit.ly/7C3rH1
You should learn that in getting web host you must know what are the requirements that is appropriate for your business or site. And also you must know whether what will be the range of your site in terms of audience, storage and bandwidth. You should really avoid wasting your money with that web hosting services that are just making your problem mo complicated
From the last 3 years I deals with more than 10-20 hosting companies, But why i like @hostgator ? http://is.gd/2tytU #hgsticker
Every Web hosting website has their up's and down for an example, there is nothing call unlimited in universe though every web hosting claims to give unlimited web hosting which is far away from truth.
More over narrow down your requirement like If you need a shared hosting, VPS or dedicated...
That always depend on the kind of website you are building, kind of traffic you building and more over no of websites you are planning to host,...
Coming to Webhosting reviews, Do as much Google as you want, but every webhosting companies will have similar good and bad reviews, because the basic plan is shared hosting and obviously when you share your apartment with other people, good and bad things are suppose to happen...
My point is, instead of going for reviews, get in touch with your friends who already have a host with any webhosting company and ask them to give an honest review.
Meanwhile hostgator is one of the top web hosting company.... :)
Most webhosts claim to have 99% uptime, but they don't. Plus, unlimited storage is not unlimited. My tip is to stick with the known web hosts of the internet.
I'm agree with you, universal reviews is the best way to reach with the good host but if you keeps the factors described above in mind then you will find ease in choosing the right one !
Mistakes : Which hosting to go for? - http://tinyurl.com/novulx
RT @tweetmeme Mistakes : Which hosting to go for? http://bit.ly/bW1z6
Mistakes on deciding " Which hosting to go for? " http://is.gd/1o0RY
In case you want to shift from blogspot, I would recommend you to crosscheck the above described 7 factors before going for any hosting.
Feel free to bother me regards any queries or problem !
RT @tweetmeme Mistakes : Which hosting to go for? http://tinyurl.com/kwl6xf